I think that pregnancy gives you the right to lay around all day, right? Well, I haven't done that thus far in my pregnancy (just into the second trimester at about fifteen weeks), but today is that day! I have to do a little running around later in the morning, but other than laundry my house is relatively clean, and I am going to lay perfectly still and do nothing but read for as much of today as is possible! Every other readathon I've participated in has actually resulted in very little reading for me. But today, I'm using the pregnancy excuse to do nothing but read!
Most of those participating have a stack of books ready to go. I'm more of a "fly by the seat of your pants" kind of girl (and I like to read whatever suits my fancy at the moment), so I don't really have a stack waiting. But I have many books on my shelves that I'd like to read, so I'll have plenty to choose from.
A smattering of those titles:
- Sophie Kinsella's I've Got Your Number (currently midway through, and loving it, even if it is a very typical Kinsella-style storyline and setup)
- Sue Grafton's V is for Vengeance (I've had this title since at least Christmas, and I even started reading it. Somehow I got distracted, but today is the day I may return to Kinsey. And then, of course, let my mom finally borrow it!)
- Laura Lippman's The Most Dangerous Thing (another title I've owned for quite a while, from one of my favorite authors)
- Kathy Reichs' Flash and Bones (the latest in the Tempe Brennan series that inspired the TV show Bones)
- Jonathan Tropper's This Is Where I Leave You (I've read rave reviews, never read Tropper, and picked this up last time I was in my local library.)
There are also dozens of ARCs which have arrived on my doorstep (mostly) unsolicited, which I may dive into if the mood strikes me. If you decide you'd like to read all day, sign up for Dewey's Readathon by clicking here.