Monday, January 16, 2012

Holiday Reading: Books for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

What better way to celebrate a holiday than to learn about it through reading?

The teacher in me says there is no better way. Although we aren't in school for me to teach my students today, I thought I would share some book suggestions with you. Even if you don't get around to reading them today, perhaps you'll take a dive into them at a later date.

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is a federal holiday that was first celebrated in 1986. It falls on the third Monday in January each year, near King's birthday on January 15.

Here is a smattering of book lists from around the web that either provide information about King and his life, or are more general books about the Civil Rights Movement to which King devoted himself:



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails