Monday, October 24, 2011

In Which I Go All Fangirl on Pinterest (And Why You Should, Too)

I don't know if you've heard of Pinterest. If you've tried it, I don't even have to ask -- I already know you are as addicted as I am. Lately, it has served three purposes in my life (entirely un-book-related):

Purchase from sunnyandstumpy on Etsy
Wedding Ideas -- I'm planning a wedding for January, and (having not attended many winter weddings) Pinterest is giving me huge amounts of help. You can follow my Wedding Ideas board here. One particular idea I borrowed from Pinterest was a wedding program/ acknowledgement/ agenda handout. I made my own, but this picture was my inspiration.

Via Les Composantes Blog
Style -- When the seasons and weather change, I never know which way to go. I used to work in a trendy boutique and subscribe to fashion magazines, but no more. However, I still like to feel "put together" on a daily basis. I happen upon (and purchase) items I like, but then I'm not sure what to do with them. Pinterest is the best place for finding outfit inspiration. Often, users pin entire outfits from Polyvore (which looks amazing, but I haven't quite figured out). My latest purchase was a pair of knee-high, flat camel boots. I want to wear them with everything, and Pinterest is helping me figure out how to do that.

Chili Lime Corn, via Ezra Pound Cake
Food -- I love to cook, but rarely have done it in the past year or so. I made an entire Thanskgiving dinner last year -- from scratch -- but in the months since I could probably count on my fingers and toes the times my oven has been on. Pinterest has changed that. I have tried recipe after recipe in the past two or three weeks, all thanks to the easy and delicious recipes I've found. Pinterest is kind of like going to a potluck dinner with your best friends; you know it will both a) taste amazing and b) be simple enough that you can do it!

I mean, two weeks ago I made the most amazing pumpkin muffins. One box of spice cake mix, one can of pumpkin, and (I added) half a cup of applesauce. Divine. It was gourmet breakfast all week. I smeared them with apple butter half the time and just ate them plain the other half. Both were equally delicious.

So, in short: get thee on over to Pinterest. Trust me. You'll be happy you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails