Sunday, April 22, 2012

Readathon Update: Extending My Time (aka A Pregnant Girl's Gotta Sleep!)

Last night I did not stay up all night to keep reading for the Readathon. If you've ever been pregnant, you fully understand this. No pregnant person should ever forgo sleep if she can help it. I read until about 10:30 (super late for me these days), then listened to an audiobook until I fell asleep.

I didn't finish anything entirely, but I read some more of an ebook I started on spring break (Gumbo Tales: Finding My Place at the New Orleans Table, written by Sara Roahen), the beginning of Jonathan Tropper's This Is Where I Leave You, and listened to an hour and a half of Sherman Alexie's The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian. Not too shabby, although I would have preferred to finish all three!

So I am hereby declaring the Readathon not over for me. I'm going to continue reading all three (in fact, Alexie's book is playing on my iPod right  now, as I type). I may even finish them today. Fingers crossed!


2 comments:

  1. Obviously, I haven't visited in awhile since I had no idea you were expecting. Congratulations! This is your first child, right? Yes, pregnant women need all the sleep they can get. I remember those days well. Hope you had fun on the read-a-thon and enjoy your extended self read-a-thon today. Myself? I failed miserably, but I'm hosting my Spring week long read-a-thon starting tomorrow so I will have plenty of chances to do much better. God willing. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't really announced it on the blog until this weekend (and the readathon posts). I'm sure it'll come up from time to time (i.e., "I'm really tired!" statements), but I didn't do a post solely devoted to it. So you didn't miss much! Thank you! I did have fun, but I'd never managed to actually do it before, so I understand completely!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails